With less than three weeks to go until the Great West Run, it’s time for the last push on stamina and strength. A quick and effective way to do this is HIIT training.
What is HIIT training
Other benefits include:
– Fat burning – HIIT increases growth hormones to maintain muscle and burn fat for hours after
– Lowers insulin resistance to improve sugar levels in the blood.
– Improves cognitive function and BDNF (brain-derived neurotrophic factor) – excellent for learning, memory and mood.
Today’s HIIT workout
30 minute session:
1. 40 second rep with 20 second rest
2. 30 second rep with 30 second rest
3. 20 second rep, 10 second rest, 20 second rep, 10 second rest
Squat tuck jump
Spider press up
Power jack squat
High knee sprint
Burpee side jump
Plank spider tap
You can do HIIT workouts as personal training sessions or as a fitness class available morning and evening on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at Exeter Golf and Country Club.
FIND OUT MORE