Unfortunately the club is now closed due to the national lockdown.
Takeaway food is available for click & collect on Wed, Fri and Sun via the 'eat' page!
Follow our Covid Updates via the link.
Read the full details
For the fish
150g frozen peas
½ bunch of mint
1 small onion, finely chopped
200g risotto rice
80ml white wine
1 litre of good chicken stock (supermarkets sell this fresh in tubs)
100g Parmesan cheese
4 salmon fillets with the skin on
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to season
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
Lemon butter to serve
Watercress (for garnish)
For the lemon butter
125g butter, softened
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
Half a bunch of parsley, roughly chopped
(Place the butter, zest and juice and parsley in a food processor and combine. Wrap in greaseproof paper or cling-film, shape into a cylinder and chill or freeze until needed).
2. Put on the lid and bring to the boil. Add the mint, place in a blender and purée. Season.
3. Melt the remaining butter in a pan . Add the onion and cook for 1 minute but don’t let it brown. Add the rice and stir to coat with the butter. Add the white wine and cook until it has almost fully evaporated.
4. Now start adding ladles of the stock, one at a time, allowing the stock to be fully absorbed before adding the next. Stir continuously until the rice is cooked (about 20 minutes). Finish with the Parmesan and pea purée, and season again.
5. Season the salmon on both sides with salt. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Once it is hot, add the salmon fillets, skin-side down, and cook for 4 minutes, then flip over and give them one minute more.
6. Serve on top of the risotto, with a slice of lemon butter on top. Garnish with watercress.
Send us a message